When Oral Surgery Is the Only Option
Did you know that oral surgery is the most common surgical procedure in the United States? See when oral surgery is the right treatment for you.
The Dentist’s Demand for Oral Surgeons
While your dentist in Ocoee will handle simple dental procedures, there are times when simple treatments are just not enough to repair your more serious or specialized needs. These cases demand the surgical solutions that only oral surgery can provide. When this happens, your dentist in Ocoee will refer you to oral surgeons in your area who can treat your specific needs.
The Need for Oral Surgery
There are many different reasons why your dentist in Ocoee would send you to oral surgeons for care. Since some of these procedures can be costly, most oral surgeons offer special payment options to make oral surgery an affordable dental care option. Oral surgery is usually required if you experience any of these issues:
- Complications from simple tooth extractions
- Serious damage to face or jaw due to trauma, injury, or accident
- Decayed or worn-down teeth
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Removing teeth with long-curved roots
- Taking out teeth surrounded by extremely dense bone
Help with Healing after Oral Surgery
After any oral surgery, you will receive detailed instructions for recovery and follow-up. It’s important to closely follow these directions to help you heal properly. Some general guidelines for recovering from oral surgery include:
- Avoiding too much talking, eating, and drinking for two hours after the procedure
- Easing back into eating by only having clear liquids and very soft foods for the first 24 hours after surgery
- Drinking plenty of cold or lukewarm liquids once any bleeding stops
- Not brushing or rinsing your teeth for around 12 hours after surgery, and then being careful to avoid the surgical area once you’re able to brush again
- Following your oral surgeon’s instructions for any prescribed pain medications
- Calling your oral surgeon or dentist immediately if you experience persistent pain or bleeding
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Ocoee, call Advanced Dental Care of Ocoee today at (407) 477-5004 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Ocoee. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Ocoee, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Ocoee.